In an effort to promote ethical decisions and integrity through responsible behavior and a commitment to the Code of Conduct and the Indiana Promise, the Office of Student Ethics has identified five (5) learning outcomes of the student conduct experience.
Demonstrate an ability to verbally articulate the expectations of the Indiana University Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct.
Demonstrate a greater understanding of how their behavior impacts the community, the appropriateness or inappropriateness of their behavior, and expectations of the C.R.E.E.D. and the Indiana Promise.
- Care– we commit to enhancing the health and safety of the university
- Respect– we value civility, responsibility, and accountability to the community.
- Excellence– we strive for greatness and integrity within ourselves, with each
other, and in our work.
- Equity– we act with fairness to promote individual rights within a just
- Dignity– we treat each university member as an individual and as a person of
Impact on Personal Well Being
Demonstrate an ability to appreciate how a student’s behavior conditions his/her ability to academically and socially succeed at Indiana University.
Impact on the University Community and/or Society
Demonstrate an ability to take responsibility for their personal actions or choices, own their decisions, and become invested in their personal learning experience.
Demonstrate an understanding and utilization of community support networks
and/or resources to move forward in the student’s recommitment towards the Indiana Promise
and the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct.