The GLBT Library’s LibraryThing account can be used to search and browse our current holdings. As always, if you need any help finding a certain book or topic, don’t hesitate to contact us at (812) 855-4252 or email@example.com!
- LibraryThing catalogs can be arranged in a number of ways. For best viewing, click on (use it) if the message “iuglbtlibrary has a suggested style for viewing this library” appears immediately above the catalog records.
- Access the search function by viewing our library collection and using the search box in the right top corner of the page.
- Check your spelling — Sadly, LibraryThing won’t catch most spelling mistakes.
- Check your punctuation — For example, LibraryThing doesn’t recognize “&,” “+,” and “and” to mean the same things.
- Boolean searching — If you’re feeling especially search-savvy, LibraryThing supports boolean searching, where you can use “AND” “OR” and “NOT” to enhance your search. For some tips on boolean searching, check out this guide from Duke University Libraries.
- We’ve set up a number of tags to help you browse a subject you’re interested in. These can be viewed in a list or in a cloud. The tags are ever-changing, and can be used to browse our collection by call number, format, and various topical subjects.
- Our tags can be used to browse our collection by call number. The number in front of each tag is the beginning of the book’s call number.